Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Darkness!?

There has been something that has been on my mind for the past few days.  Have you ever thought of the reasons that the Lord will allow you to go through many different storms in your life.  The thing that gets me going is the point that God has got us.  Yes he allows us to go through storms but he still has us.  Many times we paint the picture of Christ and his children as a father and son.  Let me explain.  The other night after dark me and Caleb (my 5 yr old son) had to walk out to the barn for something.  He grabbed me by the hand, and the farther away we got from the house the darker it got.  As we walked up to the barn we could see nothing.  He did not even realize it at first, but when we turned around to got back home, all we could see was the lights from the house in the distance and darkness all around where we were.  We start going back toward the house and Caleb says to me "I'm Scared" so I tell him to hold my hand and he has nothing to worry about.  Even though that is a great picture of Christ and His children I do not think that it is accurate.  The story goes on, and Caleb got even more scared.  Being the good father I try to be I picked him up and told him not to worry.  As we walked into the flood lights of the house I put him down and he look up at me with this big big smile on his face and said "you are the man daddy".  That is a better picture of Christ with his children.  Christ has got us in his arms even though we may not see the things that are around us he has got us, and He is holding us close, and telling us not to worry.  The thing that Caleb did not know is that I had a flash light in my pocket the entire time.  See, fathers think of things that we may not need but fathers have them just in case.  Just the same way with Christ and His children he has us even with the proper tools that He may not even need, it is just there if we need it to make our life that much easier.  We are not just walking through this life holding on to Christ's hand, think of it as we are not walking at all because Christ is carrying us through this dark time.  He is carrying us into His light.

No comments: